Hints and Tips
Hints and Tips from SRCMBC members. Some of these have been published in the Club Newsletter, others are new. Contributions are welcomed!
Presently we have:
- Alan's Electrics: An extensive collection of articles from Alan Bond, our electronics guru. These include advice on batteries, ESC's, motors, RC switches, a Servo Slower, Sound Units, and Test Gear.
- HMS Hood: Scratch builder and self-confessed "detail freak", David McNair-Taylor relates his experiences in entering the world of "Almost Ready to Run" models.
- Hovercraft: Two articles from Pete Bryant; a link to a video of Fran Oakey's Griffin 600; and an account of building a Griffin 600 from Richard Reith.
- Paul's Rope Making Machine: make your own model ropes - or simply learn how ropes are made; Paul Nixon shows you how!
- Peter's Toolbox: tips from Peter Oram's newsletter series.
- Peter Taylor's Stumblings: including a smoke generator, converting to 2.4GHz, thoughts on photographing model boats, and one way of making model boat name-plates.
- Square-Rigger Sail Control: the method of sail control used on David Edward's Square-Rigged sailing vessels, and on Reg Radley's "Pirate Brig".